"What Is Resonance?", by Trish LeSage
When we think of resonance from a spiritual perspective, we are referring to whether or not something resonates with us. Resonance can provide us with guidance, and it can warn us or protect us from danger. It can also tell us whether or not information is genuine or true. However, what exactly is resonance?
Resonance goes beyond our belief system. It is an inner knowing or intuitive guidance. It is how we feel about something. When something resonates with us, we may feel open towards it, or we may feel openness in general. When something does not resonate with us, we may feel closed off from it or even repelled away from it.
As an example of something that does not resonate with someone, I was recently encouraged to pursue a business opportunity. I was not interested in pursuing it at all. I immediately felt strongly repelled away from the opportunity, as if a door was being strongly slammed shut. I knew from the way that I felt that the opportunity was not the right opportunity for me. It did not resonate with me at all. Therefore, I did not pursue the opportunity. The fact that the opportunity did not resonate with me was an inner knowing that provided me with the appropriate intuitive guidance that I needed in order to keep myself on the path that was best suited for me, rather than, getting myself on a path that was not the best path for me.
As an example of something that does resonate with someone, I have spent several hours every day out in mother nature since July 2008 feeding many different species of wildlife, including wild ducks, birds, squirrels, chipmunks, rabbits, etc., some of which are injured. I help them rain or shine, whether it is -30° Fahrenheit or 100° Fahrenheit, and I help them beyond my financial means. I take care of them before I take care of myself. Although I have been told by many that I should not help them, I continue to help them to this day anyway. I feel that taking care of them is a part of my soul purpose. It is a part of the reason why I am here, and it is a part of who I am. I can feel it deeply within my heart and soul. In other words, taking care of them totally resonates with me.
Resonance is an intuitive ability that we possess. Our intuitive abilities can be developed.
The following are some of the ways in which we can develop our intuitive abilities:
- The first step is to want our intuitive abilities to become stronger. If we intend it to happen, it may eventually happen when we are ready for it to happen.
- Practice being aware of your intuitive hunches and follow them. The more we pay attention to our intuitive guidance, the stronger it will become. Likewise, the more often that we follow our intuition, the stronger it will become, and the more accurate it will become.
- We can also improve our intuition by flipping a coin and trying to guess whether the outcome will be heads or tails. If we focus on what the outcome may be, and we get a result of more than 50% accuracy, we are awakening our intuitive abilities. A result of 50% or less is considered to be simply based on probability or chance, rather than, on true intuitive abilities.
- Author, Dr. Bruce Goldberg, mentions in his book, Unleashing Your Psychic Powers, that scientists have used ESP cards since the early 1900's to test people's intuitive abilities. You can create your own ESP cards by drawing a different symbol on five cards. For example, a star could be on one of the cards, a circle on another card, etc. After shuffling the cards, one tries to determine which card will be dealt. Dr. Goldberg suggests doing this 25 times and recording the results of one's accuracy. Because there are five cards in the deck, anything above 20% accuracy is considered to be intuitive ability. A result of 20% or lower would be based on probability or chance.
- Once we practice coins or cards, we could further develop our intuitive abilities by practicing going within. We can do this by closing our eyes and asking for an answer to a question that we are seeking. We may see the answer before our eyes, we may hear the answer, or the information may simply come to us. The information may come to us immediately, or it may come to us later as we go about our day. The answer may also come to us on TV, on the radio, or it could be something we read or something someone says. The secret is to be aware of everything, and the answer may eventually come.
- We could even think about a question that we have before falling asleep. By doing this, the answer may come to us in the form of a dream while we are sleeping.
There are many fun ways in which we can develop our intuitive abilities. The key is to want it to happen, to become more aware, to follow our intuitive guidance, to practice, and to be patient. It may happen when we are ready for it to happen.
Resonance is one of the many intuitive abilities that we, as humans, possess, and it can be developed. If we are aware of resonance, it can be very beneficial to us.
About The Author:
Trish LeSage is a best selling author of books on metaphysics, parallel universes (alternate realities), ascension to higher consciousness, and body-mind-spirit topics. She has written four books: "Meditations For Past Lives, Starseeds, Soul Mates and Beyond"; "Manifesting Success In Relationships, Career, and Business Via Numerology"; "Traveling To Parallel Universes"; and "How To Achieve Fifth Dimension Consciousness". More information about her work is available on her website at http://www.beyond3dbooks.com
Submit Your Own Article