Edger Cayce (The Sleeping Prophet) on the reincarnation of The Apostle Philip and others. Article written and submitted by researcher, Doug Simpson.
If Philip was incarnated at the time of the readings of the legendary American mystic, Edgar Cayce, he did not request a life reading. Fortunately, some of his associates from his incarnation with Jesus were incarnated at the time of Edgar Cayce. Let’s meet some of them.
TEXT OF READING 1958-1 F 2 DAYS [DS: She was two days old at the time her parents requested the reading for her.]
25. Before that we find the entity was in the Palestine land when the Master walked in the earth. 26. The entity was among the children of Bethsaida who were blessed by the Master. 27. There we find the entity had a great period of development in the spiritual things, and - as has been indicated - we will find periods when there will be extremes towards the desire to know, to learn, to have the stories and experiences of all of those who were active during that period told to the entity. For this was builded into the experience of the entity, though the entity was not aquatinted with same save the experience as He passed through and there taught His disciples humility.
28. Again it may be said that those who would direct the experience of the entity are to teach the entity humility, as then was being taught by Him to those who would become teachers and ministers in the experiences and lives of others. 29. The name then was Naphtha, but of the peoples of Bethsaida, - who were friends of Philip and Bartholomew. [DS: Philip hailed from the Bethsaida area.] [Reading 1958-1]
3. ... while Andrew's is just the opposite - very sparse, but inclined to be long more on the side and under the chin - long on the upper lip - his robe was always near gray or black, while his clouts or breeches were striped; while those of Philip and Bartholomew were red and brown. [5749-1]
12. (Q) Is Jesus the Christ on any particular sphere or is He manifesting on the earth plane in another body? (A) ... For, He shall come as ye have seen Him go, in the BODY He occupied in Galilee. The body that He formed, that was crucified on the cross, that rose from the tomb, that walked by the sea, that appeared to Simon, that appeared to Philip, that appeared to "I, even John." [DS: This was one of John the Beloved's 'guest speaker' appearances at an Edgar Cayce reading.] [5749-4]
Most of the Edgar Cayce readings that refer to Philip involve the various churches which he assisted in organizing after the crucifixion.
3. In the experience in the presence of the Prince of Peace, the entity then was the sister to the one who called the people from the village near the well [DS: Jacob’s well. See the Gospel of John, Chapter 4.], and who with those that heeded the lessons that were gained through that meeting - established the church that later was ministered to by many of those who were His apostles and teachers; and particularly by Philip, Stephen, Peter, Paul, Apollos. Later, in the latter portion of the entity's experience, the entity was the MOTHER, as it were, of the church - known as Pisillia (?) [Pisidia?], the church. [DS: The Province of Pisidia was located in what is now called Turkey.] [428-5]
30. In that sojourn the entity became aware of the tenets of the teachers, or the Apostles, through the associations and activities of those individuals who became acquainted with them. Though the entity was not acquainted with the activities of the Master, he was acquainted with many - or several of the Apostles; Peter, John, Philip - Philip the entity knew the better. These were those activities for the entity then, in the Antioch area - as the judge, or as the procurator in that period of activity. [DS: Antioch was in the Provence of Pisidia.] 31. The name then was Pontitutulus. [289-9]
67. (Q) How prominent was Peter in the life and work of the Christian church? (A) As has been indicated here, these variations and differences that arose in the establishing of the church by Philip and by others even rather than Paul (in the Roman church), - Peter stood first and foremost of those in the ESTABLISHED organizations in and about Rome. PAUL was rather among those that were in authority or power. [1842-1]
15. Before that the entity was in the Holy Land during those days when the Master walked in the earth, when the Master taught in Bethsaida. 16. There the entity, in the name Micah, was among the children blessed by the Master and among those that later became helpers in the church first established in Jerusalem, dissipated by the orders and by the persecutions when James was beheaded, when Philip and Stephen were stoned. All of these as martyrs were friends of the entity. [3282-1]
© Doug Simpson 2016.
Edgar Cayce Readings © 1971, 1993-2009 by the Edgar Cayce Foundation. Used by Permission, All Rights Reserved.
Doug Simpson is a retired high school teacher who has turned his talents to writing. His first novel, a spiritual mystery titled Soul Awakening, was published in the United States in October of 2011, by Booklocker. It was reissued in October of 2012 by 5 Prince Publishing as Soul Awakening, Book I of the Dacque Chronicles. For further details visit them at http://5princebooks.com/.
It is available in print and eBook format through most bookstores around the world. Soul Rescue, Book II of the Dacque Chronicles was published in November of 2012, Soul Mind, Book III of the Dacque Chronicles was published in January of 2013, and Soul Connections, Book IV of the Dacque Chronicles was published in April of 2013. Doug’s first non-fiction book, titled The Soul of Jesus, was published by 5 Prince Publishing in January of 2014. In March of 2014, it earned recognition as a #1 Bestseller on Amazon, USA. Abandoned Soul, Book V of the Dacque Chronicles was published on January 7, 2016. His magazine and website articles have been published in 2010 to 2016 in Australia, Canada, France, India, Mexico, Russia, South Africa, the United Kingdom, and the United States. His articles can be accessed through his website at http://dousimp.mnsi.net.
Submit Your Own Article